» Innovation & Projects
Innovation & Projects
Areas of Innovation
- Medical Textiles
- Sports Textiles
- Protective Textiles
- Smart Textiles
- Textile Composite Materials
- Textile Fashion & Designing
- Textile Process Improvements
- Textile Machine Development
- Energy Efficient Solutions for Textiles
- Green Textiles
- Any Other Innovation with application in Textiles
- Participating teams will have to come up with Textile related innovative project idea, one page project description, and team membership at the time of registration.
- Teams should preferably utilize state-of-art technologies/software/techniques to design the innovative product concept.
- Projects having potential to benefit domestic textile industry/economy will be given special consideration.
- Teams will need to submit a complete project report along with a business plan (report template will be available on the DICE-Textile 2017 website).
- Teams will be required to display and present their projects on the final day of the event.
- Written Report (Phase 1): A written report will carry 40% weightage of the final score. A panel of academicians from several leading universities will be judging the final reports based on two factors – degree of innovation and readiness for commercialization.
- Final Project Presentation (Phase 2): Project presentations/demos on the final day of the event will carry 60% of the score. Panel of Judges will consist of experts from both academia and industry.
- Phase 2 scoring will have a following distribution
- Score carried from Phase 1 (40%)
- Potential Impact on local industry and economy (20%)
- Readiness for commercialization (prototype, business plan) (30%)
- Presentation (10%)