Higher Education Institutions play vital role for establishment of research culture and training of individuals. Keeping this in view, the Office of Research Innovation and commercialization-NTU was established in October, 2016 according to the guidelines by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Since its formulation, the office is working for product development and innovation based research. Industrial collaboration through ORIC is being facilitated for the problem based-product oriented research and development. Uptill now NTU has strong collaborative association with well-established industries and distinctive institutes. In the light of HECs strategies, the objectives of the office are as follows
- To strengthen the University-Industry Linkage
- Encourage University’s technology transfer, and commercialization
- To ensure the training of the faculty for better educational and research work.
- To produce and maintain the essence of entrepreneurship and innovation among faculty and scholars
- To centralize the multidisciplinary R&D activities at NTU