- The Quality Enhancement Cell is correspondent with the outside bodies. QEC promotes public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC performs review of quality standards and ensures the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC reviews academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC defines clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It also helps the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC develops qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s,
- QEC develops program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC develops quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC ensures that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC develops procedures for the following:
a) Approval of new programs.
b) Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring & students perception.
c) Departmental review.
d) Student feedback
e) Employer feedback
f) Quality assurance of Master’s, M.Phil and Ph.D. degree Programs
g) Subject review
h) Institutional assessment
i) Program specifications
j) Qualification framework