- How to Apply
- Room Allotment
- Change of Seat
- Validity Of stay
- Visitors to the Hostel
- Students on the rolls of the University registered for a class or program shall be admitted to a Hostel by the Hostel Warden. Preference will be given to the students who have to live at the farthest distance from the University Campus.
- Warden on the recommendation of Deputy Warden may refuse admission or expel any student if she/he is satisfied that she/he is not a suitable person to stay in the hostel.
- The character certificate issued by the various colleges will also be got verified as verification obtained for degrees issued by the other University/Colleges.
- The hostel accommodation is provided to the bonafide students of the University, subject to the availability of seat.
- Hostel will be allotted with the prior approval of the Warden on seniority/merit basis, which will be determined by the year of the study taking into consideration GPA/CGPA.
- The hostel authorities will also take into account the conduct and character of a boarder while making allotment. Those having been imposed penalties shall lose their seniority.
- The allotment of such students whose hostel dues are in arrears will be liable to be cancelled.
- Room allotment will be offered equal to number of allotment seats.
How to Apply
Application submission Process
Students on the rolls of the University registered for a class or Program shall be admitted to a Hostel by the Hostel warden. Preference will be given to the students who have living at farthest distance from the University Campus
However the admission will be confirmed subsequently after the verification of domicile and academic credentials.
- The hostel facilities fees/deposit may be paid at the time of counseling or registration/admission
- Students must occupy rooms specifically allotted to them. They are not allowed to change rooms except with the written permission of the Deputy Warden.
- The room allotted to a student will be cancelled if he/she fails to occupy the room within a week of start of the academic session. Student will be asked to vacate the room if they fail to clear all their hostel dues before the due date
- Once a student vacates the hostel on his/her wish, or is told to leave the hostel due to any circumstances, he/she will not be re-allotted hostel accommodation for a minimum period of 6 months. This will also be subject to availability of rooms. No priority will be attached to such students and they will be at the bottom of the waiting list
- Hostel accommodation is allotted purely at the discretion of the Management and on condition that the student agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of the hostel. The Management may refuse hostel facilities without assigning any reason or remove a resident from the hostel at any time on disciplinary grounds.
Change of Seat:
A student will not change his seat or room unless so permitted or directed by the Hostel Warden on the recommendation of Deputy Hostel Warden. Resident student can apply for exchange their room when this will be notified by the hostel management.
Validity of Stay:
Admission in a Hostel will be valid only for one academic semester except during vacations or as and when required by the Hostel Warden to vacate the hostel due to any emergency or in consequence of any disciplinary action. Unauthorized stay will be trespass under law.
- The meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) for the residents will be catered by the mess contractor on payment in advance or cash at the meal time. No student or resident will be served when in default of payment.
- A member may meal out / meal in himself at the concerned register with contractor a day prior, otherwise he / she will be charged for meal
- Hostel management will not be responsible for the payments of student’s mess or canteen bills.
- The mess should be managed and supervised by the mess committee of each hostel.
- Day scholar students may become a mess member with permission of Hostel Warden. Nobody other than bonafide student is allowed to be a mess member.
- The mess committee of each hostel will be comprised of following: –
(1) Hostel Warden
(2) Deputy Warden Boy’s Hostels
(3) Deputy Warden Girl’s Hostel
(4) 9 members from the students
(5) 02 faculty members living in hostel
- Meals will be served only in the dining hall, during the prescribed hours only exceptions may be made by the Hostel Warden in case of illness only.
- Dinning in mess will be mandatory for all resident students.
Visitors to the Hostel:
- Approved Guest or visitor may visit the hostel from 09:00am to 4:00pm on the weekends and 4:30pm to 9:00pm during the week
- Overnight stay by the visitor/guest is not permitted. Overnight stay by visitors/guests will only be allowed if extremely genuine conditions exist and place is available. Advance approval of the hostel administration on the prescribed form is mandatory.
- All the visitors are required to make entry and sign the visitor’s book before entering the Hostel.
- Visitors / guests can stay for maximum 3 days after prior approval of Hostel warden.
Maintenance and Upkeep of the Hostel:
- Maintenance and upkeep of the hostel is basically the responsibility of the residents. The administration will only take care of the normal wear and tear.
- Hostel management will look into maters/problems relating to the hostels.
- In case of any complaints regarding upkeep and maintenance of repair/replacement of any items, the complaint form should be filled out and dropped in at the Warden Office by the resident.