National Textile University, Faisalabad being oldest and best textile Institute is always in the limelight when any potential employer hunts fresh graduates. Since its inception, NTU has provided career counseling and assistance in job searching but that was not centralized. In 2015, Dr. Yasir Nawab, the then Director Advisor Office, constituted a job placement cell under the supervision of Mr. Haritham Khan, Deputy Director, Advisor Office to look after recruitments. Now this placement cell, under the umbrella of advisor office, engages students in activities related to career planning anchored in holistic career counseling activities as mentioned below;
- Arranging lectures, workshops, seminars related to career counseling
- On cam recruitment drives (introductory sessions, tests, and interviews)
- National and international internships and exchange programs in collaborations with IAESTE, KECTIL, NUS-Habib University Karachi.
The main objectives of the office are to offer guidance, information, and assistance to the prospective students.
- To guide and assist prospective and enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in matters such as national and international internships and exchange programs
- To arrange on campus recruitment drives for undergraduate and graduate students
- To assist students in getting national and international scholarships