The office currently handling the following scholarships:
- HEC Need Based Scholarship Scheme
- University Merit Scholarship
- Industry Scholarship
- PEEF Master Level Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarships
- MORA Scholarships
- Faisalabad Development Trust Scholarships
- Killa Gift Fund
- Ihsan Trust, Karachi Qarz-e-Hasna Study Loan Scheme
- National Bank Student Loan Scheme
HEC Need Based Scholarship Scheme
HEC Funded Scholarship for needy and deserving students. This scholarship provides the total Tuition Fee and Rs. 6,000/- per month for every Academic Month till the completion of degree.
The applications of all potential candidates are reviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC). The committee is headed by the Rector/ Vice Chancellor of the participating institution, along with members from the institution as well as external members. This is done to ensure impartiality and transparency.
The ISAC recommends potential candidates to the HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC). The committee includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, and eminent scholars. The SMC undertakes a thorough review before approving eligible cases.
After finalization of awardees’ list, the participating institutions will forward the funds to the selected students.
University Merit Scholarship
University Merit Scholarships are available for Top positions holders in the University as under:
1st Position : 100 % Tuition Fee
2nd Position : 75 % Tuition Fee
3rd Position : 50 % Tuition Fee
Industry Scholarship (on availability)
Different Industries, like Sitara Chemicals Ltd., Sufi Soap and few other industries offer scholarships for needy and deserving students.
PEEF Master Level Scholarship
PEEF has allocated 20% of its annual scholarship quota for Master Level Education. These scholarships are awarded to talented and deserving students enrolled in Partner Universities / Govt. Post graduate colleges of the Punjab. In order to be considered eligible for PEEF Master level scholarships; the student must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
The student must have:
- Punjab domicile
- Secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA 2.5 in BA/ B.Sc./ B.COM/ BS/ BBA etc. examination held in 2014 / 2015 / 2016 (annual) in Punjab.
- Secured admission as a full-time student in the current academic year (2016-17) in one of the partner University / Govt. Post Graduate College
- Students enrolled in spring/fall session (where applicable) and morning/ afternoon / evening sessions (where applicable) are also eligible to apply for PEEF Masters scholarships
- Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 30,000/-
- Children of Govt. employees in BPS 1-4 are exempted from condition of income, if salary is only source of income
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the current academic year
- Besides fulfilling PEEF eligibility criteria, the prospective student must qualify the merit and need criteria of the respective University / Govt. Post Graduate College
Following students are not eligible for PEEF Masters level Scholarship:
- Students who have already passed / possessed M.A / M.Sc / M.S / M.PHIL etc. degree
- Marks improvers or students who have passed examination in supplementary session
- Students who have passed the aforementioned examination with grace marks (*)
Duration of the Scholarship
PEEF scholarships are awarded till the completion of the degree course the student is enrolled. However, if the student fails to maintain the required / satisfactory academic performance level, or is involved in any non-disciplinary act; the University/ Govt. Post Graduate College and / or the PEEF, reserve the right to cancel the scholarship award.
PEEF Undergraduate Level Scholarships
The scholarships are being offered under the supervision of Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) which was started in 2008 by Chief Minister of Punjab, Mian Shahbaz Sharif. The basic purpose behind established Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is to provide scholarships to talented and needy students who aren’t able to pursue their higher education due to financial constraints. Scholarships are not only granted to the students of Punjab but also to the residence of Gilgit Baltistan, AJK, Islamabad and FATA.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships:
The students must have: Passed Intermediate annual examination held by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Punjab or Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad in exact previous examination.
- Declared monthly income of parents/guardian (from all sources) is Rs. 15,000/orless
- For Special Quota Scholarships, the student must fall in at least one of the S.Q categories
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the respective current academic year
- Secured admission in a regular educational institution as a full-time student in the current academic year.
The Alumni Scholarships is funded by the Alumni of NTU. Financial Assistance is provided to the deserving students time to time.
This Scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Religious Affairs through District Zakat & Usher Office for most needy and most deserving students.
Faisalabad Development Trust Scholarships
The Board of Trustees, Faisalabad Development Trust has floated a Zakat Fund to help the poor Students in payment of their fees who are unable to pay their fees.
Killa Gift Fund
The Students themselves or their parents have Agriculture Land in Faisalabad District are only eligible to apply.
Ihsan Trust, Karachi Qarz-e-Hasna Study Loan Scheme
Provides Interest Free Study Loans for deserving & needy students.
National Bank Student Loan Scheme
National Bank of Pakistan Provides Study Loans for deserving & needy students.