Students are required to apply for financial assistance when applications are called for various scholarships like HEC Need Based Scholarship, PEEF, MORA etc. etc.
The Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) assesses the financial need of candidates and determines whether or not the candidate’s family has adequate resources to support the fee at National Textile University, Faisalabad. The need is determined on the basis of the financial credentials submitted by the student. The decision and its review follow the stages outlined below:
- Students who apply for financial aid – Assessment and Decision are required to submit requisite documentation by the deadline specified by the Students Financial Aid Office each year.
- The staff at the Office of Financial Aid checks and reconciles the information on the financial aid form against the documents provided including their tenor and validity; seeking clarifications from the applicant/ student on anomalies, if any.
- Applicants are contacted for retrieval of discrepant documents (where necessary)
- Student Evaluation Summary sheets are prepared that contains a brief summary of the credentials provided covering all the aspects to be presented to ISAC for final decision.
- Interviews are conducted when recommended by the committee.
- The ISAC of NTU assesses each case through the summary sheet and reviews supporting documents before making their decision which is purely on the basis of need.
- Decision is communicated to the students through notification, notice boards and advisor page.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) reserves the right to conduct periodic reviews to ensure the award is granted to the needy students only.
The process is conducted at the beginning of each year where students and parents are approached by the SFAO to submit the requisite forms and supporting financial documents. Failure to comply with the given deadlines for document submission could lead to cancellation of financial aid.