BS Polymer Engineering
- Apply fundamental principles of science and engineering that underlie polymer engineering for solution of relevant engineering problems for Polymer industry.
- Achieve professional success by practicing ethical behavior, sustainability and diversity with effective communication in individual and team.
- Adopt innovative approaches and pursue career growth undertaking professional trainings and/or studies in engineering sciences and management.
|Apply fundamental principles of science and engineering that underlie polymer engineering for solution of relevant engineering problems for Polymer industry.
||1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Ok||Ok|
|Achieve professional success by practicing ethical behavior, sustainability and diversity with effective communication in individual and team.||6, 7, 8, 9, 10||Ok||Ok|
|Adopt innovative approaches and pursue career growth undertaking professional trainings and/or studies in engineering sciences and management.||11, 12||Ok||Ok|
|PE-1101||Introduction to Polymer Engineering||3||0||3||PE-1102||Structure & Properties of Polymers||3||0||3|
|MA-1001||Calculus||3||0||3||CS-1071||Introduction to Computing||2||1||3|
|HU-1091||Islamic Studies/Ethics||2||0||2||ME-1121||Engineering Drawing||0||1||1|
|PH-1001||Physics I||2||1||3||SS-1094||Social Intelligence & Soft Skills||3||0||3|
|HU-1092||Pak Studies||2||0||2||ENG-1092||Communication & Presentation Skills||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||15||1||16||Total Cr. Hrs.||13||3||16|
|PE-2106||Polymer Synthesis||2||1||3||PE-2111||Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals||2||1||3|
|MA-1002||Engineering Math–I||3||0||3||PE-2103||Heat and Mass Transfer||3||0||3|
|PE-2104||Unit Operations||2||1||3||PE-2101||Advanced Polymers||3||0||3|
|STAT-4001||Statistical Methods in Engineering||3||0||3||PE-2107||Paints and Coatings||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||14||3||17||Total Cr. Hrs.||15||3||18|
|PE-3101||Polymer Additives & their Compounding||2||0||2||HU-3091||Technical Writing||3||0||3|
|MA-2001||Engineering Math–II||3||0||3||PE-3109||Additives Manufacturing||3||0||3|
|PE-3102/PE-31010||Polymer Reaction Engineering/Reinforcements for Composite Materials||3||0||3||PE-2105/PE-31011||Energy Engineering/Composite Design & Manufacturing||2||0||2|
|PE-4103||Polymer Processing||3||1||4||CS-3073||CAD for Polymer Engineering||2||1||3|
|EE-3001||Electrical & Electronic Systems||2||1||3||PE-3107||Elastomer Technology||3||0||3|
|PE-3104||Polymer Rheology||3||0||3||PE-3108||Polymer Composites||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||16||2||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||16||1||17|
|PE-4101||Senior Design Project-I||0||3||3||PE-4101||Senior Design Project-II||0||3||3|
|PE-4102||Polymer Characterization Techniques||3||1||4||PE-4105||Recycling of Polymers||2||0||2|
|MGT-4084||Operations Management||3||0||3||PE-4106||Process Control & Instrumentation||2||1||3|
|PE-3103||Mould & Machine Design||2||1||3||MGT-4089||Quality Management Systems||3||0||3|
|SS-4095||Personality Development & Character Building||3||0||3||PE-4107||Environmental Health & Safety Engineering||2||0||2|
|PE-4104/PE-4109||Synthetic Fibre Engineering/Mechanics of Composite Materials||2||0||2||PE-4108||Polymer Plant Design||2||0||2|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||13||5||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||12||4||16|
|Industrial Internship (at least 6 weeks during summer holidays)||0||1||1|
|Total Credits for BS Polymer Engineering||136|
The applicants must have one of the following qualifications with overall score of at least 60%.
- F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Physics & Math)
- Three A-Levels (with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and eight O-Levels.
Applicants who have studied in non- Pakistani systems (O-Level, A-Level etc.) must provide an equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen IBCC, other wise their merit will not be finalized.
Admissions to the Engineering Programs of the University are decided on the basis of candidates’ score in the NTS (NAT)/HEC ETC test.
- Test (45% weightage)
- Marks of F.Sc. (45% weightage)
- Marks of Matriculation (10% weightage)
Candidates may apply for provisional admission if they have completed one of the above mentioned qualification but waiting for their results.
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||50||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges
*1/3rd of the Tuition Fee along with Examination Fee will be charged in Summer Semester
|Room Rent||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 4,750/-|
|Sui Gas Charges||Rs. 2,750/-|
|Mess Service Charges||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Hostel Activity||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|1st Semester Total Hostel Dues||Rs. 19,500/-|
|Per Semester Hostel Dues||Rs. 14,500/-|
Self Finance with Installments (BS Polymer Engineering)
|Self Finance Fee Installments||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750|
|Total Taxable Fee||125,600||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||103,250|
|Income Tax Advance||6,280||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Security (Refundable)||5,000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Total Fee Payable Per Semester||136,880||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||98,250||103,250
- The candidates seeking admission against self-finance seats will have to apply on separate application form. The application packet (Prospectus and Application Form) can be collected in person for Rs. 2,000/- from the Admission Office of the University for each Program. The minimum eligibility criterion for the admission on Self-Finance Basis is the same as prescribed for Open Merit.
- The completed application form with required supporting documents as mentioned in the application form along with a bank draft of following (Self-Finance Dues + Regular 1st Semester dues + I.T Advance) should reach the Admission Office of the University on or before the notified closing date.
- Advance Income Tax will be collected as per applicable rates in the subsequent semesters.
- Deduction of Rs.5000/- is of University Security for Tax Calculation