BS in Textile Management & Marketing
The BS Program in Textile Management and Marketing at NTU is intended to meet the present and future demands of the textile industry. This program presents a combination of technical and Business courses. The main objective is to prepare professionals who are educated with the technology and process of textiles industry alongwith the important managerial and marketing skills. The blend of education of textile and business skill will have a wealth of options open to them in the dynamic international world of clothing and textiles management and marketing. Some realistic examples of first jobs within the marketing and textile manufacturing sectors are: purchasing assistant, production assistant, product specialist, merchandiser, junior product manager, junior logistics manager, sales product manager, concept designer and quality control.
- Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of textile and fashion processes, methods and applications in a management perspective, in particular indepth knowledge of the textile with emphasis on brand management, consumer insight, retailing and communication.
- Critically and systematically gather literature and theory within the textile and fashion management area.
- Analyze and find solutions to organizational issues on textiles , marketing and branding.
- Integrate and apply knowledge in the field for research and development purposes and other skilled activities.
- Quickly obtain new organizational skills and apply them to textile related Development and innovation by creating, analyzing and critically evaluating various market-related solutions.
- Develop and design textile fashion processes and systems with regard to human conditions with socially and ecologically sustainable development;
- Participate in teamwork and cooperate in groups of different composition.
|HU-1091||Islamic Studies/Ethics||3||0||3||MA-1003||Business Mathematics-I||3||0||3|
|MGT-1081||Principles of Management||3||0||3||STAT-1001||Business Statistics||3||0||3|
|CS-1071||Introduction to Computing||2||1||3||HU-1092||Pakistan Studies||3||0||3|
|ENG-1093||English-I||3||0||3||MKT-1081||Principles of Marketing||3||0||3|
|ACCT-1081||Fundamentals of Accounting||3||0||3||TE-1113||Introduction to Textiles||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||17||1||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18|
|MA-1004||Business Mathematics-II||3||0||3||ECON-2082||Macro Economics||3||0||3|
|STAT-2002||Statistical Inferences||3||0||3||BUS-2084||Business Communication||3||0||3|
|BUS-2083||Oral Communication||3||0||3||MKT-2083||Consumer Behavior||3||0||3|
|MKT-2082||Marketing Management||3||0||3||BUS-2085||Business Research Methods||3||0||3|
|ACCT-2082||Financial Accounting||3||0||3||FIN-2081||Business Finance||3||0||3|
|SS-1093||Introduction to Psychology||3||0||3||SS-2092||Introduction to Sociology||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18|
|TE-1112||Textile Raw Materials||3||0||3||HRM-3081||Introduction to Human Resource Management||3||0||3|
|ECON-3083||Economy of Pakistan||3||0||3||TE-2111||Introduction to Yarn Manufacturing||2||1||3|
|CS-3074||Management Information Systems||3||0||3||TE-2112||Introduction toFabric Manufacturing||2||1||3|
|MGT-3082||Organizational Behavior||3||0||3||BUS-3086||International Relations & Current Affairs||3||0||3|
|HU-3096||Foreign Language||3||0||3||FIN-3082||Financial Management||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||15||0||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||13||2||15|
|TE-2113||Introduction to Textile Chemical Processing||2||1||3||MKT-4084||Export Marketing||3||0||3|
|TE-2114||Introduction to Garment Manufacturing||2||1||3||MGT-4086||Strategic Management||3||0||3|
|TE-4112||Product Costing in Textile & Apparel Industry||3||0||3||BUS-4087||Business Ethics||3||0||3|
|MGT-4085||Entrepreneurship||3||0||3||TE-4113||Textile Testing and Quality Control||3||0||3|
|MGT-4084||Operations Management||3||0||3||BUS-4088||Final year Project||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||13||2||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||15||0||15|
|6-Week summer internship after sixth semester||1||1|
|Total Credits for BS in Textile Management & Marketing||133|
- Candidates holding Intermediate certificate (F.A., F.Sc., I.Com, I.C.S. etc.) or Equivalent, with at least 45% marks from any institute recognized by HEC in Pakistan or abroad are eligible to apply.
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||50||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges
*1/3rd of the Tuition Fee along with Examination Fee will be charged in Summer Semester
|Room Rent||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 4,750/-|
|Sui Gas Charges||Rs. 2,750/-|
|Mess Service Charges||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Hostel Activity||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|1st Semester Total Hostel Dues||Rs. 19,500/-|
|Per Semester Hostel Dues||Rs. 14,500/-|
Self Finance with Installments (BS in Textile Management & Marketing)
|Self Finance Fee Installments||31,250||31,250||31,250||31,250||31,250||31,250||31,250||31,250|
|Total Taxable Fee||113,100||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||90,750|
|Income Tax Advance||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Security (Refundable)||5,000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Total Fee Payable Per Semester||118,100||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||85,750||90,750
- The candidates seeking admission against self-finance seats will have to apply on separate application form. The application packet (Prospectus and Application Form) can be collected in person for Rs. 2,000/- from the Admission Office of the University for each Program. The minimum eligibility criterion for the admission on Self-Finance Basis is the same as prescribed for Open Merit.
- The completed application form with required supporting documents as mentioned in the application form along with a bank draft of following (Self-Finance Dues + Regular 1st Semester dues + I.T Advance) should reach the Admission Office of the University on or before the notified closing date.
- Advance Income Tax will be collected as per applicable rates in the subsequent semesters.
- Deduction of Rs.5000/- is of University Security for Tax Calculation