- To carry out research of international standard aimed to advancing the global scientific and technological knowledge.
- To enhance the intellectual development of Ph.D. graduates through creativity, analytical thinking, critical analysis, and innovative problem solving.
- To equip students with the Chemistry techniques to solve indigenous problems applied in industrial organizations.
- To strengthen academia-professional-world bonding by tailoring the courses and the trainings offered according to needs of the end-user.
National Textile University graduate program in chemistry is launched to combine a great foundation in chemistry adaptability to range of student interest and career objectives. Department of applied sciences maintains a close association with industry specially textile industry and departments providing good opportunity for interdisciplinary study and research for the students. The Department also participates with other colleges and universities in combined research efforts, including collaborative research at regional, national and international facilities. Close interaction between students and faculty, facilitates responsibility to the needs of each student.
After completing Degree PhD graduates should be able to:
- Identify research questions in emerging chemistry and independently conduct competitive solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability of scientifically communicate technical information of their related discipline
- Research and critique computing literature and utilize it for proposing a solution
- Demonstrate the advance and practical concepts of chemistry.
- The minimum period for completion of Ph.D. program shall be 6 semester. The period shall be counted from the commencement of semester for 18 credit hours course work.
- The maximum permissible period for submission Ph.D. thesis will be 10 semesters. After 10 semesters, and the scholar will have to get extension, maximum of two semesters, from the competent authority.
SEMESTERWISE LAYOUT OF COURSES
- The Ph.D. candidate has to take Ph.D. level course work of minimum 18 credit hours with the consent of his/her supervisor.
- The course content shall be proposed by the concerned Faculty Board of Studies, recommended by the Advanced Studies & Research Board (ARSB) and approved by the Academic Council.
- All courses may range from one credit hour to four credit hours.
- One credit hour stands for at least one hour class contact per week per semester.
Research Paper Requirement
Before final submission of thsis for evaluation, the Ph.D scholar would have to publish at least one research paperfrom his/her research, as first author, in an Internationally Abstracted Journal, recognized by the HEC, Pakistan. Onlypublished paper are acceptable for award of PhD degree.
(This list is not exhaustive and new courses can be added to this category at any time depending upon the availablefacilities/requirements)
|S.No.||Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|1||CH-9001||Advanced Physical Chemistry||3|
|2||CH-9002||Inorganic Materials Chemistry||3|
|3||CH-9003||Physical Organic Chemistry||3|
|4||CH-9004||Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Organic Chemistry||3|
|5||CH-9005||Advanced Mass Spectrometry||3|
|6||CH-9006||Advanced Polymer Chemistry||3|
|7||CH-9007||Special Organic Materials||3|
|9||CH-9009||Advanced Surface Chemistry||3|
|10||CH-9010||Chemistry of Advanced Composite Materials||3|
|11||CH-9011||Advanced Applied Chemistry||3|
|12||CH-9012||Applied Environmental Chemistry||3|
|15||CH-9015||Advanced Chemical Treatment of Textiles||3|
|16||CH-9016||Advanced Textile Chemistry||3|
|17||CH-9017||Advanced Analytical Techniques||3|
- MS/ M.Phil Chemistry or equivalent degree with minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.5/5.0 in semester system, 60% marks in annual system.
- The Applicant must have qualified NTS-GAT (Subject) Test as per HEC prior to apply for Admission.
- It is mandatory to pass interview in order to compete on merit.
- Applicant must not be already registered as a student in any other academic program in Pakistan or abroad.
- The admission merit list will be prepared according to the following criteria:
|M.Phill/MS Chemistry||50% weightage|
|M.Sc/BS Chemistry||30% weightage|
|Interview result||10% weightage|
|Publication/relevant experience||10% weightage|
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||100||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||-||-||-||-||-||-|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges