PhD Textile Engineering
The PhD Textile Engineering programme aims to create a learning culture that enables participants to:
- To carry out research of international standard aimed at advancing the global scientific and technological knowledge.
- To enhance the intellectual development of PhD graduates through creativity, analytical thinking, critical analysis, and innovative problem-solving.
- Ability to systematically review, analyze and interpret the scientific literature and innovations in the areas of engineering in general and in textile engineering in particular.
- Ability to apply and validate innovations at the lab scale as well as industrial scale efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to conduct high quality research and to disseminate effectively the research outputs in international research journals of repute, conferences, seminars, patents, research proposals and other scientific venues.
Advanced polymeric materials; Nano composites; Biomaterials for healthcare;Advances in shape memory polymers; Nanofibers and nanoparticles; Flame retardant materials; Functional materials for textiles; Microencapsulation technology.
|2||Engineered textile structures & composites||
Engineering textiles; Advances in yarn spinning technology; Specialist yarn and fabric structures; 3-D Fibrous assemblies; Advances in weaving and knitting technologies; Nonwovens for technical textiles; Design and manufacture of textile composites; Mechanics of fibrous assemblies; Heat and mass transfer in porous media.
|3||Textile surface modification and chemical treatments||
Advances in dyeing and finishing of technical textiles; Functional finishes for textiles; Smart textile coatings and laminates; Surface modification of textiles; Plasma technologies for textiles; Digital printing of textiles.
Science in clothing comfort; Smart clothes and wearable technology; Advances in apparel production; Clothing biosensory engineering; Clothing appearance & fit; Biomechanical engineering of textile and clothing.
Medical and healthcare textiles; Smart fibers, fabrics and clothes; Functional textiles for protection and performance; Textiles in sports; High performance textiles and their applications.
|6||Textile machinery and instrument design||
Instrumentation and control; Applied mechatronics; Mechatronic design in textile engineering; Design of textile machines; Mechanics and calculations of textile machinery
|7||Textile modeling and simulation||
Simulation in textile technology; Modeling and predicting textile behavior; Soft computing in textiles; Finite element analysis in textiles; Modeling, simulation and control of dyeing process; Advance CAD systems for textile and clothing; Modeling in Matlab
|8||Energy, environment and sustainability in textiles||
Sustainable textile production; Recycling in textiles; Environmental impact of textiles; Energy harvesting materials
- MS Textile Engineering or equivalent with minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.5/5.0 in semester system, 60% marks in annual system.
- Candidate must have PEC registration.
- Candidate will have to pass NTU GAT (subject) test.
- It is mandatory to pass interview in order to compete on merit.
- Applicant must not be already registered as a student in any other academic program in Pakistan or abroad.
The admission merit list will be prepared according to the following criteria:
|Phd Textile Engineering|
|Interview result||10% weightage|
|Publication/relevant experience||10% weightage|
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||100||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges