Center for Wellbeing
The establishment of “Centre for Wellbeing” in the National Textile University premises according to the directives of HEC is new initiative taken by NTU. The center is aimed to foster wellbeing of students, faculty, management and staff.
The center for wellbeing purpose is to help all students, faculty, staff of NTU, as well as the community to succeed and improve by providing support for the psychological, emotional, social, developmental and behavioral issues. CWB focuses on providing counselling, therapeutic support, capacity building, organizing and conducting training workshops to students, faculty and staff.
We seek to empower students, teachers and supporting staff with appropriate tools, information and skills so that they can make their present living worthful and can invest in their present and future wellbeing.
The center for wellbeing aims to promote the wellbeing and growth of students, staff, faculty and management through training, awareness campaign, support group and one to one work.
- Raising awareness about the mental health.
- Reducing stigma associated with mental illness.
- Promote help seeking behaviors and emotional well-being practices.
- Prevent suicide through individual education and outreach events.
- Helps to recognize early signs and risks of mental illness.
- Empowering students with knowledge and encourage dialogue.
- Creating coherency between staff and students.
- Working on teacher student liaison.
- Improving self-awareness
- Practicing positive living
- Working of psychological issues
- Making campus drug free zone
- Eradicating bully and harassment from the campus.
- One to one counselling
- Capacity building
- Support group program
- Awareness program
- Ambassador program
- Teaching faculty
- Non-teaching staff
- Support staff