A Delegatation of National Textile University comprising of Dr.Zulifaqar Ali ( Dean FET), Dr.Yasir Nawab ( Chairman FMD), Mr. Zafar Javed (Chairman GMD), Dr.Rashid Masood ( Dir.R&D), Dr. Munir Ashraf and Mr. Muzzamal Hussain (Dy.Dir Student Affairs) visited sialkot chamber of Commerce and industry on April 05, 2016 to discuss the land requirement for establishment of sub campus of NTU in Sialkot. A meeting was held in SCCI building , Vice president chamber and member of SCCI executive committee were present in the meeting from SCCI. it was decided in meeting that at least 250 Acres will be required to submit PC-1 to government. NTU will write a letter to SCCI for land requirement so the process can be initiated with local government. It was also decided that PC-1 will be submitted till Mid of may so that required funds can be got in FY2016/17.
In another meeting headed by MR.Ahtisham Gillani Vice President SCCI to disccus the possibilities of collabration between NTU and Sialkot industry, he really appreciated the efforts of NTU for working in such an active way to fill the gap between academia and industry. Following understandings were made in this meeting.
- NTU will work as knowledge partner with SCCI
- TU will send 15 students initially for internship in different industries for 8 weeks where they will work for improvement of their process.
- Different projects related to industrial problems at B.S, M.S and Phd level will be offered by Sialkot industry.
- A textile research corner will be established in SCCI building where innovate projects will be displayed so industry can get benefit from it.
- SCCI will sponsor different events and project.
- A seminar related to technical textiles will be conducted by NTU in SCCI related to current and future trends of technical textiles.